To cook with the children!
- Cervi apples 4
- Ice cream sticks or similar 4
- Sugar 300 g (10.6 oz)
- Water 2 tbs
- Lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
- Red colorant 1/2 tsp
- Butter 100 g (3.5 oz)
- Take off the stem of the apples and instead put an ice cream stick (or similar) into them, about 2 or 3 cm deep.
Put the sugar, water and lemon juice in a pot on a slow burn, stirring until the sugar melts. Then, add the butter, turn the heat higher and cook without stirring until you get syrup. Once the syrup is colored on the edges, take the pot out of the burner. Add red colorant and mix it up, moving the pot.
- Immerse the apples one at a time so that they get caramel all over them. Drip and leave them to dry. Cool them down on baking paper.
- Serve immediately or store in a dry place.
- Optional: before the caramel dries, sparkle grated coconut.